The following instructions and information are provided to help you through the recovery process. Please review theses carefully before your surgery and call our office at (865) 218-6210 should you have any questions before or after your surgery.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home and stay with you for the first night after your surgery.
- Do not smoke for 24 hours after surgery.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages for 24 hours after surgery or while taking prescribed narcotic medications.
- Resume a regular diet and activity as tolerated.
- Take prescribed medications as directed by Dr. Lucas.
- You may shower the day after surgery after you remove the bandages.
- Pat the steri-strips dry after showering.
- A front closure sports bra should be worn all day for approximately four weeks.
- Massage implants as instructed by Dr. Lucas at your first post-surgery appointment.
- Do not submerge incisions in water for approximately six weeks.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for four to six weeks, i.e., heavy lifting, running.
- Your post-surgery appointment will be the day following surgery.
What to Expect after Surgery:
You may experience one or more of the following for up to six weeks after your surgery:
- Swelling, bruising, skin tightness/fullness in breast area
- Numbness in nipple area, soreness and tenderness
- Moderate pain controlled by prescribed analgesic
- Low-grade fever
If you experience any of the following, call our office at (865) 218-6210:
- Excessive bleeding from incision
- Red, inflamed, painful incision
- Green or yellow drainage from incision area
- Severe pain not prescribed by analgesic
- Fever greater than 101.5
- Excessive swelling of breast in first 24 hours